Friday, April 21, 2006

Smoke ‘Em if You Got ‘Em


I use this picture with me in it, not because I find it flattering, but because it clearly shows the haze of pot smoke which was hovering above Farand Field yesterday. April 20th, known as ‘420’ has become the traditional day for the students of CU Boulder to rush the field and smoke marijuana at 4:20pm.

I didn’t know about this when I was a student here; I even lived right next to the field for two years! I guess it shows what a nerd I was or something…

A few students I talked to assured me that every student at CU smokes pot, but I know that’s not true. There are surely many students who are looking to unhealthy relationships, drugs and alcohol, and escapist entertainment to bring fulfillment to their lives. Still there are others, though fewer, who have found abundant life in a relationship with Jesus. I actually surrendered my life to Jesus just 60 feet from Farand Field almost 12 years ago, in the privacy of my dorm room. My life has never been the same since.