Thursday, June 29, 2006

In Memory of Evelyn Florine Bellar

July 3, 1918 – June 28, 2006

The following is a letter I wrote my Grandma on March 14, 2006. I shared this at her funeral:

Dear Grandma,

I though I would type out this letter so you could clearly be able to read it. I wanted to be able to write you a little. I really don’t know what to say. I had the same problem when we came down to visit you a little while back. I just didn’t know what to say, and I felt bad.

Death is really sort of a foreign thing for me. I have had very few close people to me die in my life. Perhaps the closest was my Grandma Warren and Great Grandpa Bellar. I know that you will be joining them sooner than later. I am excited for you. I would really like to see Jesus face to face and to experience all the wonderful adventures and intimacy that heaven has to offer. You will be experiencing all of that too. I’m sure it’s hard to image being in a place where there is no pain when you are in so much pain right now, but it’s coming.

Thank you for allowing God to use you to bring me to this world. Thank you for loving and staying with Grandpa all of these years. Thank you for taking care of and raising my Mom. Thank you for the love and encouragement you’ve given me. Thank you and thank God that I don’t need to worry about where you are after you are gone, because you know Jesus as your savior. He has been good to experience death on your part, on the cross, so that you may live forever with Him.

Indeed, soon you will be more alive than you have ever been before. All your wildest desires and dreams are about to come true. Everyday is going to be better than the one before, forever. You will experience God and others in ways that you have never imagined.

Again, I’m not sure what to say.

I hope you are excited to go and be with the Lord. I know it’s hard to know that Grandpa will be left behind for a while longer, but before he knows it he’ll be telling you stories of how God loved him and helped him get through your temporary absence in person.

I love you so much!

Barry